cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter member data based on description in analysis for office

former_member377358
Participant

Hi Community

Could you help me with one question : Is it possible to filter the data based on the Description in the AO Workbook or in the prompts.

i.e. any way to enter multiple records for filtration using the copy from clipboard feature.

Or is it a limitation to only input the key value in the master data objects.

I have this urgent piece of requirement to answer , need Help.

Thanks in advance.

Karan Sehjpal

View Entire Topic
former_member377358
Participant
0 Kudos

@debjit.singha

Yes this is correct, But now if i would say i have like 1000 + records which i want to filter out of 50000 records. and those records have a pattern like Kt_* becuase if we see in future the number of records grow then in that case it will be difficult to get the names of records always .

So i need something which will help in filtering the pattern based.

Thanks

karan

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

karan7008 pattern based copy past is not supported. Not even with wild card. In that case you should simply use pattern operator with filter (CP, !CP, not available with default setting, need to change AO setting to make this visible), instead of copy paste. Make sure that info object is set to text as default (instead of key, key and text). Here are supported functions and features. Let us know if you have any more questions.

You can paste members, exclude members and paste ranges:

Example for pasting a list of members: 1; 2; 3 (select the members 1, 2, 3).

Example for excluding a list of members: !1; !2; !3 (exlude the members 1, 2, 3).

Example for pasting a range: >=1 (select all members greater or equal to 1).

You can use the following operators for ranges: > (greater than), >= (greater than or equal to), < (less than), >= (less than or equal to), = (equal to), != (not equal to) and 1 - 3(interval for member 1 to 3). The syntax for intervals requires a space character before and after the minus sign.

You can copy a single or a list of members to the clipboard and paste your selection to the filter dialog using the Paste from Clipboard icon at the left bottom of the filter dialog. You can paste a single or a list of members using the Paste from File icon at the left bottom of the filter dialog. An open dialog appears and you can select a text file (e.g. a .txt file) with members in the Windows explorer. .

The members that you want to paste can be displayed as either text or key in the list. For pasting ranges or excluding members, the members must be displayed as key.

If you want to paste members that are displayed as key in the list, select Key or Key and text as Display option. If you want to paste members that are displayed as text in the list, select Text or Text and key as Display option. Members defined without text in BW cannot be pasted as text. If you copy a list of members, you can use one of the following separators: \r\n (new line), \t (tab), ; (semicolon), | (pipe), : (colon). The sequence the separators are listed here, is relevant for their recognition as separator, that means if new lines are used as separator in the pasted list of members, a semicolon in the list will not be recognized as separator. But if semicolons and pipes are used in the pasted list, the semicolon is the identified separator.