Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Custom Object Page in a FIori Elements ALP

marco_paciucci_danone
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I've built a Fiori Elements ALP with a simple Object Page. The thing is that the customer now wants a more sophisticated object page with numerous sections, dynamic sections, videos player in it etc. I don't think this is possible with CDS and standard template. Is it?

Alternatively, would it be possible to plug in a custom object page with a view/controller coded manually by the developer?

Thanks

View Entire Topic
vinod_snair
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

I would recommend you to first decide how much your OP differs from the standard. In case you see the requested details page is not aligned with OP at all then go with custom page as recommended by Mahesh in the above reply. In case you have sections which is not Form/Table but otherwise it is an OP, you could use OP template and use view extensions. In case you want to build the section using custom coding please use reuse controls in Fiori elements to achieve this. So I would recommend you to first decide what is your requirements before deciding the approach. You can checkout this blog https://blogs.sap.com/2020/06/12/extending-sap-fiori-elements-applications-what-you-need-to-know/, it may help you to make the decision

Regards,

Vinod