cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate pdf with database/odata service as source in BTP SAP Forms Service by Adobe

trimbandaru
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am reading through SAP BTP - Forms Service by Adobe. I understand that we should use Adobe Lifecycle Designer to design the template.

I have some questions related to data connections:

- Is it possible to link the template to S/4HANA or the HANA Cloud database for data retrieval to render PDF?

- Can an OData service be utilized as a data connection to supply data for pdf rendering?

From my observation, Adobe Lifecycle Designer has few data connection options

However, Forms Service by Adobe API expects the XML data as a base64 string.

Thanks

-Trim

View Entire Topic
PascalBremer
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Trim,
both your scenarios generally work. But it is important to note that Forms service by Adobe will not actively retrieve external data. You need to have a dedicated application that retrieves the needed data, create an xml file and sends it to the service. This is normally done in ABAP but can also be implemented in any other language.

Best regards
Pascal

trimbandaru
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal Bremer

Thank you for your response.

as you suggested, We should have a middleware application (cap service) to get data from the database and convert it to the required XML format.

We have a huge number of templates and have to generate thousands of PDFs. We want to explore if any alternatives available.

Could you please share any references on how to connect the service/database directly to the template and run a job to generate PDFs? I could not find any information for BTP Forms by Adobe service such as

- where to configure the database or service details

- how to configure a job to trigger the template to generate pdf

Thanks

-Trim