Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting SDK Failure error when logging into Designer 4.1

prashant_saini
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I'm trying to log in to designer for the first time and i'm getting the following message:

Logon failed to the specified system. Check system name, port number, user name, password, authentication method, and try again. Additional information: <Session: SDK failure>

Here is the Background:

• I'm getting the SDK Failure message when logging into Designer.
  • I have verified that the ports I'm using from Client to server are open across the Firewall - using telnet.
  • I'm using  RAC database for the Repository so I have use oracle RAC = Yes in the Db Config.   (We couldn't get IS running if we tried to specify connect string that was  not rac)
  • I have Oracle instant client 64 bit installed on the Client machine. Verified that I can connect to db using SQLPLUS (Do not have TNSNAMES Configured though)
  • I can connect to the CMS server from the Client machine and also can connect to Information Steward.
  • I currently do not have any two way Port communication set up between the JS to the Client – Firewall is only open from Client to Job server.  I know I need to get ports opened for the JS to communicate with the Designer.  But I can only set that piece up after I have logged into designer.  I can't log in.

• We have been running Information steward / Data insight for over a month now. - From the same Client Machine.  Just having the issue with Designer.

• I have verified that I can ping the fully qualified domain name of the Job server as well as the ip address.  Can not ping non-qualified server name.
    • Example ping hostname.Domainname.com - passes  ping hostname  -- Fails
  • Can also ping the fully qualified client name from the Job server.
  • There are currently no ports open from the Job server to the client – Only from Client to Job server.
  • I have also set the Request port for the CMS server and EIM Addaptive processing server to ports that i know are open from the client to the Job server - however these ports are NOT open from the JS to the Client.
  • I have read differing opinions on whether JS to Client port needs to be opened
  • Official doc says that it just needs to be open for inbound requests into the Job server - Which it is.

The Client is A VM running Windows 7 SP1

Server is Red hat linux.

Thanks,

Prashant

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi,

the Ports need to be open bi- directional - no Question!

Maybe you want to check also this Post:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3446152

Regards

-Seb.