Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hana express with PowerBI

petterhuseby
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We want to set up the architecture describes bellow for a customer. All the Power BI users is already ECC users, and the customer want to make the ECC data available to Power BI users. Is it any licese issues with this solution, are we allowed to present ECC data that is enriched with other data sources to Power BI users without breaking any SAP Licenses ?

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You asked a question. Don't forget to mark the answer that helped you most as correct. Thanks!

For the readers, before you leave, don't forget to up/down vote the answers. You can vote on the question too. Thanks.

View Entire Topic
VenkatG
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Please refer to section 3 of the SAP HANA Express end user license agreement at https://www.sap.com/docs/download/cmp/2016/06/sap-hana-express-dev-agmt-and-exhibit.pdf

petterhuseby
Participant

Thank you for the document Venkata, I will forward this to my clients 🙂 I have read it myself and it's still not 100% clear to me if it is possible to use Power bi to Access R/3 ERP data on a HANA server. We will only need read access, so It' seems to be ok. What do you think?

VenkatG
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Petter,

Please make sure you have necessary license on ECC side to move the data into HANA express. Read access with Power BI from HANA express is fine.