cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hana Sap UI5 project error

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create a simple button with alert on hana studio using sap UI5 project. I did all the procedures as mentioned. When i run it on the XS Engine it displays an empty page. But the same thing works perfectly on the demo video. I checked the error through developer tool its says that "sap is not defined". I am clear that my code was not able to access the UI5 library package. In the script i included the same path as they mentioned src="resources/sap-ui-core.js".  But i dont know why this error occurs. Whether i have to configure anything or the path mentioned is wrong???

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen/Thomas,

I am not able to access UI5 application from server. I can see my application on server repository. My index page is correctly pointing to "/sap/ui5/1/resources/sap-ui-core.js". I have tried opening http://<server>:8000/sap/ui5/1/resources/sap-ui-core.js and it gives me pop up to download the script. That means my index file shoud be correct. I have created a simple application with one button and shared it on server. I am trying to access the application with below link:

http://<server>.com:8000/hanauitest/WebContent/index.html

"hanauitest" is my package on the server.

Can you please help me out here?

Thanks

Pranav

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What is the error you are getting? Do you have a .xsapp file in your package?  Do you have a .xsaccess? Is the syntax correct in your .xsaccess?  Without more information about your problem, we can't really troubleshoot the problem for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reply. I followed your video on you tube. Here is what i did:

1. Right click on development are and created one UI5 project

2. Changed the index.html file

3. Added some line of code for button in view

Shared it on repository and activated the project. This was my first project on studio. I dont have .xsapp file in package. I am sure i have missed some thing.

Here is the error that i m getting :

This link seems to be broken

We could not find the resource you're
trying to access.
It might be misspelled or currently unavailable.

Thanks

Pranav

0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

In each and every project before you develop your code you have to provide two files as Thomas mentioned in his video. Those files are

1. .xsapp
  2. .xsaccess

.xsapp file defines the root folder of your project. Just create a file ".xsapp" like this and you dont need to provide anything inside this file.

Second thing you have to create a ".xsaccess" file.  This defines the authentication method of your project. Inside the file provide the following code.

{

"exposed":true,

"authentication":[{"method":"Basic"}]

}

If you provide both these files then link broken error will not appear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen and homas. I can access my application now. Thanks for help.