cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpless Student searching for help with a SAP HANA Database presentation

Dear People in the SAP Community,

I am very sorry for everybody reading this, but I feel very hopeless, so I try to find help this way.
I tried to install the SAP HANA free Version because my professor wants a presentation of the SAP HANA Database (in any kind of way) with an example of SQL Code. I tried to use the free version of SAP HANA Cloud Plattform Cockpit, but I cant find a way to use it the way I need to. I also tried to find out how I can use the SAP HANA Database Explorer, may you People help me? Again... Im very sorry for this unqualified question.
Kind Regards,

Helpless Student Mia

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You asked a question. Don't forget to mark the answer that helped you most as correct. Thanks!

For the readers, before you leave, don't forget to up/down vote the answers. You can vote on the question too. Thanks.

View Entire Topic
TanmayVerma
Active Participant

Hi Mia,

If your purpose is just to run some SQL queries and check the database explorer i would suggest you follow the below steps:

1. Create SCP trail account.

2. Go to services and enable WebIDE full stack.

3. Create a new MTA template project.

4. Within the project create a new DB module. Here you can create some demo tables and store data in it.

5. Go to WedIDE preference and enable database explorer extension.

6. Add your HDI container for DB module to explorer.

7. Run SQL queries on the tables you created.

BR,

Tanmay

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That would work as well, of course. Good advice.

0 Kudos

still-searching-webide.jpg

Thank you so much for answering! I sadly have to tell you that I am such a Beginner that I had to stop at the second step... Herefore I made a screenshot (Luckily I found Services). 😞

I think i found it! Thank you so much - i hope i will find a good example! Have a nice day you all!

0 Kudos

Dear Tanmay,

could i ask you something to a step of these?
Because i get an error about having not configured "my space", can i configure one in that free trial?
I added a photo of the error.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Miafailing-space-settings.jpg

TanmayVerma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michaela,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes you can go ahead and configure the space as below:

and then select the radio button as in below screenshot

select the available endpoints and the space will be filled automatically.

BR,

Tanmay