cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Secure Login Web Client warning pop-up in Secure Login Client

hoanghd4
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm setting up SSO using SAML2 to provide X.509 certificate for SAP GUI user.
SAML Service Provider is AS JAVA with Secure Login Server 3.0, Identity Provider is Azure AD.
The authentication policy I'm using is SAML2LoginModule, user authenticate in Azure AD portal by using Secure Login Web Client. Authentication process is done, user can get certificate and use it for SSO to ABAP system.

Problem: When user click in ABAP connection in SAP GUI, Secure Login Client open browser to access Secure Login Web Client URL and a WARNING pop-up appear. This WARNING pop-up always on top of browser, user cannot close and must drag it to other location of screen to able input credential for authenticate in Azure.
This problem reproduces when user double click Web Adapter profile on Secure Login Client.

The SLS and SLC version is 3.0. Secure Login Web Client authentication type is Java Script Standard Authentication Form.

Is there have any solution to skip this pop-up or minimize it? Thank you very much.

banguyen
0 Kudos

Hi Duc,

Another issue I found is that the browser tab openned by SLC web clinet does not close itself after succesfull authentcation. I wonder if you found a solution for it. tahnks!

hoanghd4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bao,

There is no solution for your issue. SAP only provide option forward to another web page. I guess that SAP design this for browser-based app like SAP Enterprise Portal. Seems like they won't enhance the UX of SWLC anymore because they are releasing SAP Secure Login Service on BTP. You can check the answer of Carsten in this topic: SAPGUI window minimized at logon with Javascript Web Client | SAP Community

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colt
Active Contributor

That was not possible so far and one of the reasons why the old SLC web client solution via SAP Secure Login Server was unsatisfactory in terms of user experience. I hope that this will improve with the new SAP solution (expected in Q2/2023 see Roadmap) and here

hoanghd4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank for your information

dyaryura
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten

I came across this new planned functionality/solution for short-lived certificates that could be used as part of GUI authentication. A tool like that would be for sure a game changer for the whole SAP SSO world. Despite I can follow the link you mentioned I don't currently see it in the roadmap. Do you have any updates or info about what exactly to expect and if it's actually planned?

Many Thanks

Diego

hoanghd4
Explorer

Hi Diego,

It has been planned here, you can check it on Roadmap Item for Secure Login Service for SAP GUI: SAP Road Map Explorer

Hope that help.