Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HMTL5 Applications vs UI module MTA

ruben_alvarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the difference between an HTML5 application and a ui module inside a mta project?

I don't know when I should use one or the other.

Regards

Thanks

0 Kudos
Josh Morony at his web about html5 as app option said:

" 1. HTML5 is NOT better than native, but it rarely matters Despite what I said above about HTML5 mobile applications performing just as well as native mobile applications, high end native applications still have the potential to be better. The pareto principle, or the "80/20" rule, applies really well here. With HTML5 you can create an app that feels and performs about 80% as well as a well designed native app. If you want, or the clients wants, that last 20% – the beautifully smooth and magical experience – it's probably going to cost 80% more. HTML5 does a great job across most platforms which drastically reduces cost by only having to develop a single version of the application, but to get a perfect app, an investment into developing native applications for each supported platform will be required."

in that sense in that sense you define what is better for your project => native or not native coding.

View Entire Topic
Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi ruben.alvarez3,

HTML5 Application is the code that goes into the webapp folder referenced in an ui module of an MTA.

MTA --> ui module --> webapp (HTML5 Application)

modules: 
  - name: myhtml5app 
    type: nodejs 
    path: webapp

The type html5 is the 'old' standalone module type which was used on WebIDE to deploy html5 applications into neo environment.

Best regards,
Ivan