cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign catalog to company code in fiori s4 hana

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have 2 company codes . I wanted to assign fiori catalog to each company code. Please help it’s urgent.

Thanks,

Reshma

View Entire Topic
Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

catalogs contains apps and are assigned to roles. Within the role, authorisations then restrict the data (i.e. company code).

what are you actually trying to do? Do both catalogs have same application access?

0 Kudos

Dear Colleen,

both Fiori catalog have same application access. I need to assign fiori catalog to company code . user should have access to fiori catalog based on his company code.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

you only need 1 catalogs

build 1 catalog with the group of apps

build 2 single roles with same catalog and then restrict company code OR build a template/imparting role and then derive the roles for the company code access

The catalogs will not give you the data restriction.

0 Kudos

Dear Colleen,

I have created 2 catalog because tiles are different for both company code.

Company code b01 i created catalog c1

company code b02 i created catalog c2.

Both catalog use 3 same apps(like attendance etc)and 2 different apps.

Authorization check need to be done in fiori backend class(dpc_ext class) ?please correct me .

How to check authorization in attendance fiori apps which is common in both catalog.?

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

okay - it makes sense to have 2 different catalogs because you need to give out different apps

To give the authorisations, you need to add the catalog to the role menu in PFCG transaction. When you add it, tick to include applications and it will import the IWSG/IWSV OData Services. Go to authorisation tab and if SU24 authorisation proposals have been maintained then the business authorisations

My advise is that you are implementing an Embedded Fiori Launchpad (SAP Gateway is installed in the backend system). If you are in a Hub Model (2 systems) then you need a front end role to give the catalog access and IWSG OData and then you need to build the role in backend system for business authorisations.

Are you developing a custom app or using SAP standard?