cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to click on a button from script of Lumira Studio/Design Studio ?

sap_user1234
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have buttons BUTTON_A, BUTTON_B, BUTTON_C. Each having certain onClick scripts if the buttons are clicked.

And there then there is an "Apply" button. On the onClick event of the "Apply" button, inside the script I want to check a condition and then click the buttons from the script.

//inside of "Apply" button onClick event script
if(cond 1){ //cond denotes some condition
  BUTTON_A.click(); //so that whatever script is present inside this button gets run.
}else if(cond 2){
  BUTTON_B.click();
}

When I checked the ctrl+space option after button name, I could not find the function which could possibly click on the button manually. I can enter the whole button script in the "Apply" button script itself but that's seems to be a savage way.

Please appreciate your guidance on the above as well as please so let me know if I'm missing anything !

View Entire Topic
MartinKolb
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Bhuvan,

calling scripts from several places is what “Script Functions” are for.

Let’s say that BUTTON_A does something that "creates an item" and BUTTON_B "renames an item".

In the "Technical components" of the "Outline" view in Lumira Designer you should create a “Global Scripts Object” that you could call “ITEM_FUNCTIONS”. In that Scripts Object you could then create script functions “createItem” and “renameItem”.

Instead of putting the logic for creating an item or renaming an item into the scripts of "BUTTON_A" and "BUTTON_B", you put the logic into these script functions. The script of “BUTTON_A” would then be simply calling this function:

ITEM_FUNCTIONS.createItem();

In that flow you mentioned, you can then also call these functions, depending on the condition, like so:

if (myCond1) {
ITEM_FUNCTIONS.createItem();
} else if (myCond2) {
ITEM_FUNCTIONS.renameItem();
}

Hope that helps.

Best regards, Martin

sap_user1234
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Martin trying the same, shall update you ASAP the result of trying this.

sap_user1234
Explorer

Thank you Martin:D , thank you very much for advice, worked like a charm ! This definetely will make my life easier.