cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display "Rich Text Editor" data from UI in the Adobe PDF form

renuka23
Explorer

Hello,

I have designed a PDF using Adobe LiveCycle Designer. I have added multiple objects of type 'Text Field'.
For that,
1, Selected check box for "Allow Multiple Lines" and "Allow Page Breaks Within Content"
2. Selected field format: "Rich Text"
3. Type of value: "Read Only"
4. Binded it to the respective field from my input payload.

In our application, we have a front-end UI screen developed in BAS where we have multiple input fields and data that will be entered by the end-user. On clicking "submit, we have used an API call for generating PDF using 'Form Service by Adobe API'.

The client requirement is that they want to enter any data, like tables or pictures, with any kind of formatting in the UI screen, and the expectation is that complete data should be visible in that particular field of the PDF.

So for this, we have used the Rich Text Editor in the UI to capture the data entered by end-users. But after the API call, this data is not getting displayed in PDF.

Kindly let me know how I can display the complete data from 'Rich Text Editor' field of the UI screen to the PDF, which can have any kind of formatting, and any tables or pictures.

Regards,
Renuka

View Entire Topic
BEKOStan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi renukadimber23 ,

I'm not very optimistic for your customers request.

If you have a look into the XML Forms Architecture (XFA) Specification Version 3.3, especially in Section 27 Rich Text Reference, I cannot find anything about tables or pictures (Link to document).

I'm curious what others may say to this topic.

BR

Andreas