cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate Ariba SLP with MDG-S?

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate the Ariba SLP with MDG-S. We are using the standalone instance of MDG, so where do we need to install CIG add on in this case?

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. I am here to help you to get the most out of it.

First of all, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers (if you haven't done so already), as it provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.
For example you:
- can outline what steps you took to find answers (and why they weren't helpful)
- can share screenshots of what you've seen/done
- can use a descriptive subject line

Please also make sure you're using all appropriate tags, so the right experts can find your question. Overall, the more details you provide, the more likely it is that members will be able to assist you. Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit (although once someone answers your question, you'll lose the ability to edit the question - but if that happens, you can leave more details in a comment).

Finally, if you're hoping to connect with readers, please consider adding a picture to your profile. Here's how you do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JdUbyjfMA&list=PLpQebylHrdh5s3gwy-h6RtymfDpoz3vDS. By personalizing your profile with a photo of you, you encourage readers to respond.

Best,
Lena (SAP Community Moderator)

View Entire Topic
gabrielmendes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link. Yes it helps. I have enabled the CIG from the sourcing realm and also updated the ERP basic information manually. But why under My configuration->mapping, i am not able to see any mapping documents. Can you please help me with that.

gabrielmendes
Advisor
Advisor

SLP does not have mappings in CIG, is a "pass-through", all mappings are set in SLP templates.

If you are looking to reuse the project for Sourcing or Contracts, then create the project based on that product and see if now you can see the DocumentTypes there.

0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your quick response

i have some questions,

Q1) In CIG we need to add these documents in the BusinessPartnerSUITEReplicateRequest and BusinessPartnerSUITEReplicateConfirmation in the cross reference section. But i am not able to see them.

Q2) And also, Does this pass-through means we can't do customization in CIG mapping level on document level.

Q3) For MDG SLP integration, i am following this approach for direct connectivity using CIG.

a) Add on installation on S/4Hana system (where MDG is installed) and configuring Global settings (Maintain Certificates, Define RFC destination, Define Port Definition, Define Logical System)

b) Cloud connector configuration (domain name, location ID, port, username and password)

c) Then following the steps as mentioned in this blog https://blogs.sap.com/2020/09/11/sap-mdg-s-integration-with-ariba-slp/

Can you please let me know if am following the correct approach?

0 Kudos

gabrielmendes Can you please help with this query mentioned in the comments :).

gabrielmendes
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Ashish, sure:

Q1, if you don't have any project in CIG you can create a connection of type ANY and just create the project for product Sourcing (no need of cross reference since this doesn't apply for SLP), just create the project to process the DocumentType

Q2, you don't do customization in CIG for SLP, you set mappings at template level including custom fields if required and then in abap layer you enable Badis to save those if required

Q3, yes configure CIG requirements, cloud connector, certificates, ports, etc... and then those steps in the guide which are basically enabling the right proxys and endpoints

0 Kudos

Hi gabrielmendes,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

I have one query related to cross reference. In the document CIGOverveiw, in the Prerequisites for Ariba CIG it is mentioned, if you want to maintain Cross reference for CIG, you can add these documents BusinessPartnerSUITEReplicateRequest and BusinessPartnerSUITEReplicateConfirmation. So is it optional.

gabrielmendes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes that is optional

0 Kudos

Hi gabrielmendes,

If we are using MDG system that is hosted by AFOS. Do we need to follow the same process. I mean is there any difference if the system is hosted on some other server. Thank you in advance for your valuable help!