Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate sqlanywhere to IQ?

former_member232292
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

One customer is checking with me -- how to migrate their current ASA to IQ as we know the IQ's syntax is same to ASA -- so he is thinking there must some fast/safe method to migrate so that there's no need manual re-coding.

But I can only search the guid of how to migrate ASA to ASE, can't find how to migrate ASA to IQ officially. Please kind advise.

Thanks advance for your help

Regards

Eisen

View Entire Topic
RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello eisen.wang

eisen.wangSAP SQL Anywhere is the SQL Interface for the SAP IQ Database.

Hence, either IQ or SQL Anywhere should have export/import features to exchange the data

Did you find anything on the Blog - SAP (Sybase) IQ – the hidden treasure …

Best Regards Roland

former_member232292
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know ASA is the meta-data store for IQ -- that .db and .log file for IQ. But this time -- customer is requesting migration their BO's ASA to IQ. So only export/load table is not enough. I need something like iqunload to export not only data but also the schema and DDL in the source ASA. But I can't find it. Do you know any tool or guide for this purpose?

Thanks

Regards

Eisen

chris_keating
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

BO does not list SAP IQ as supported for the CMS and Audit repositories. Please refer to the PAM Essential Information.

For supported platforms, there is a BO KBA for migrating 1899321 - Moving or Copying or Migrate CMS database to a new Database / Schema / Instance / Server u....

As an aside, DBUNLOAD command line tool and the SQL Central Unload Database functionality is similar (or equivalent) to iqunload.