cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send data in an url (api link ) from ABAP.

SVT
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have tried few methods but its not working for me..I am running out of time.

I have with me one data format and url(API link ending with WSDL) link to connect.Using this I need to send the invocie details .

My requirment :

1.I need to send invoice details in a api link.

2.The data format is in SOAP format.I am confued how to take it forward.

What I have tried till now:

1.created a http connection and trying to send the data in that.

2.Created JSON format as well as XML format and tried..both are not working.

Screenshots of my code.

Data format to send it to client.

Please someone explain the steps to done this.

Thanks in advance.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well seen by Ulrich, WSDL is not the Web service, it's its definition, you must not "call it" (it does nothing).

View Entire Topic
Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

> API link ending with WSDL

Are you trying to send the data to the WSDL link? That cannot work. You need to know, that usually there are two links, one where you can download a WSDL file, and this WSDL file then contains a WebService definition (including the link where that WebService can be reached). So you download the WSDL file, and use that to generate a WebService-Client.

There is a transaction in ABAP, where you can import a WSDL file, and which then automatically generates the correct client for you, so you don't need to program that "by hand" via CL_HTTP_CLIENT. Unfortunately I can't remember the details. Perhaps its in the "SOA Manager"?!

SVT
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you ..

Yes I am trying to send data in the link which ending with WSDL.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

srividya.eeswar If what you have written ("send data in the link which ending with WSDL") is what I think it says, you have not understood at all what Ulrich told you... Is your program really trying to communicate with the URL of the WSDL? Good luck!

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

srividya.eeswar

> Yes I am trying to send data in the link which ending with WSDL.

Well, as I said: that cannot work...!

To fix the problem, read my answer again.

SVT
Explorer

Yes ,I have read your answer. But the link is working for me now.

The issue was with the IP and communication related not in the code or the file format.

Issue resolved now.

Thank you.

xiswanto
Active Participant

The issue was with the IP and communication related not in the code or the file format.
-> srividya.eeswar soo, I'm curious at how you resolve the issue, changing the code? and what file are you talking about, as I didn't see any file related code in your question (aside from the file format in answer to be used in service consumer)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

srividya.eeswar I don't understand too. Do you mean "the issue was with the URL" ?