cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Transport Workflows configured using Manage Workflows Fiori App.

ramki_maley
Active Contributor

S/4 HANA 1809 (On Premise)

Any of you that are using the standard delivered flexible workflows (PR, PO, etc) in a production environment, please share the process you followed for moving a configured workflow across the system landscape.

Alan R. mentioned the below in response to my question in his blog SAP S/4HANA Flexible Workflow Overview and Comparison with SAP Business Workflow

• Workflow transport is managed by the S/4HANA Adaption Transport Organizer (ATO).
  • You can also use the Fiori Manage Workflow Scenarios app to export and import flexible workflow definitions.

However in our S/4 1809 system, no entries were made in the ATO transport requests for the configured workflow.

Also I do not see any export and import options in the Fiori app.

I posed the above in the below blog as well.

Verify General Journal Entries – Configuring the Workflow in S/4HANA 1909

I am hoping posting it as a question might give this more visibility.

TIA,

Ramki Maley

View Entire Topic
KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of the "selling points" of flexible workflow is that the dependency on developers is reduced and the business process experts can define the approval process. 

I think it is part of the concept that the configuration done in "Manage Workflows" is done in production and not transported from development. Not necessarily because you can't do that for go-live, more because you don't want to do that when someone wants to either change the process or add one or more processes for specific scenarios. 

Note the "I think" here. We're still only in the Q system in our implementation project, but I haven't found a way to transport or export the configured processes from our development system.
Can someone please bring back Alan (former_member181875) from his retirement so we can get solid answers 🙂