Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML Text Not getting rendered on Email Body Extended Notification

I056086
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am sending Email with workitem description which is coming from Task Description and i am using extended Notifications.

Now i have couple of problems:

1. IN attachment Task whatever text I am giving is coming up with <p></p>.Not sure why HTML is not getting rendered. Is this because of some system setting or do we need to change something in config?? Even when i use Simple 'Hello' in Task Description it comes like <p>hello</p>.

2. I want to display internal table data with borders in email BODY. I have used Insert Expressions in Task Description but that again is giving some strange result. you can check in Email attachment attached.

I want to send Email Using Extended Notification and I am using Customizing Task description for the same but now able to achieve the desired result.

Please someone tell me why its not working using the above described approach.

View Entire Topic
ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HTML in workflow task descriptions has a few problems, defending on your system SP level some of them night be fixed see for example note 1798952 - 'WF notifications: html display of e-mail displays html tags' .

You can also replace in SWNCONFIG the SWN_MESSAGE1 BSP with your own message template and in it you can make as many changes as you wish, add tables etc.

I056086
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ronen,

Thank for your reply. Yes i understand that copying SWN_MESSAGE1 is also one option but my problem is that standard texts which are coming from texts of SWN_MESSAGE1 are also getting concatenated with <p></p>. So that also might not make any difference.