Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP TIMEOUT for Synchronous Call - Can I set for one Comm Channel

neal_florine
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear PI Folks,

We have PI 7.31 Rel 5  (single stack).

Most everything is running fine.  We have on interface that occasionally gets a TIMEOUT error.  We are working with the external system for a long term solution that should occur in a 1-2 months.  In the meantime, is there a way on this one HTTP channel that we can increase the timeout up to 10 minutes or 600000 milliseconds.   I tried on the Module tab to add XMBWS.Timeout = "1" to see if it would fail and it worked fine.  So it seemed this setting does not work for HTTP calls..or as I believe I read you cannot reduce them below 2 minutes. 120000 milliseconds.  So maybe it is working I just need to test with a HUGE file and see if it fails over 2 min. or 10, etc.  I am having difficulty forcing this in Development, but do not want to move or test in production unless I know it is working(one way or the other).

Is this something that is possible to set for a single HTTP Synchronous Comm Channel?

Thanks for any insight.

Neal

View Entire Topic
neal_florine
Explorer
0 Kudos

Eng/All - Thanks.  I made some mistakes in the original information and testing.   Let me do some more research and come back with a clearer question.  This discussion can be closed now.

Neal