cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify deselected value from a Inputcontrol using SAC script

Sujit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have an input control, which list the users. Based on the Profit Center selected by the user, the Usernames in the Input control are set as selected.

Now, as a next step, the user can unselect some of the users. Is there a way to identify these unselected values and capture it in a string ?

Regards,

SH.

View Entire Topic
Sujit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello eeddggaarr

Thanks for your response, but I am trying to achieve the opposite, I want to identify which are the values which were initially selected and are now unselected.

e.g if in initial state of input control, user1, user2, user3, user4, user5 are selected.

And then if the user unselectes, user1, user4, user5.

I want these theree values user1, user4, user5, captured, maybe in a string or array for further processing, i.e. remove their UserIds from Data Access Control in the model.

SH.

eeddggaarr
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Sujit,
I had to change my answer several times but with the current version:
  • you can start with creating an array (original_array). The content of this array is the inital state of your input control. If you can not retrieve the members of your input control because there is no active selection then you could use an 'intermediary' table or chart with this user dimension to retrieve all possible values.
  • then a user changes the active selected members in the input control => you retrieve the now updated active selected members and write this into variable temp.
  • with the for loop you now delete all members from the original_array which are still selected. The result is an array of all those members which have been deselected by a user.

br
edgar