Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS native app - custom login page

javi09
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm struggling to find ways to create a native iOS app with login page (SAP user/pass) and calling an odata service (on-premise SAP server) inside that app. How can I create a custom login page in my backend system scenario? How should be my mobile app configuration on SCP Mobile Services in terms of the SSO Mechanism?

So far I have configured on SCPms a native app with SSO Basic Authentication, when testing odata I get metadata and some data, but on SDK iOS assistant I only get metadata (EntitySets).

To clarify: My odata service is working for a Fiori app done with webide and I would like to obtain a native not hybrid app.

Thanks

View Entire Topic
aschlosser
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Javier, do you also have your app configured to use 'Basic Authentication' in the security feature of your app? If you had done that, the generated app should show a login screen. The fact that you don't see a login screen in your app seems to indicate that the security configuration for your app is maybe set to 'noauth'?

javi09
Participant

Exactly the security configuration of my app was SAML, now that I set it to Basic in both places Connectivity and Security I can see a login screen for the backend system thanks. But in the onboarding of the app, the authentication against the sap server is giving me "Authentication failed!". I tried with a different app in a different sap server using the same configuration and a very simple odata service (just 1 entitySet) and I got to see the data on my app sometimes, another is also failing authentication again.

The behavior for login seems erratic, could be related to the credentials of my user on the sap server? or the odata service?