Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS native app - custom login page

javi09
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm struggling to find ways to create a native iOS app with login page (SAP user/pass) and calling an odata service (on-premise SAP server) inside that app. How can I create a custom login page in my backend system scenario? How should be my mobile app configuration on SCP Mobile Services in terms of the SSO Mechanism?

So far I have configured on SCPms a native app with SSO Basic Authentication, when testing odata I get metadata and some data, but on SDK iOS assistant I only get metadata (EntitySets).

To clarify: My odata service is working for a Fiori app done with webide and I would like to obtain a native not hybrid app.

Thanks

View Entire Topic
aschlosser
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Javier, glad you got this going (to some extend). I'd suggest that you now try troubleshooting this step-by-step. If you have access to the SAP backend logs, maybe you can see any traces there why the requests are denied. The Mobile Services Cockpit logs sometimes also show more information. And also on the native client side you should be able to see logging with more information. Which place will give you the hint as in what to fix will depend on the nature of the underlying error - hope you'll find this soon and get going, so you can move on to the more exciting aspects of app development.

Thanks
Andreas

javi09
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Andreas for your guidance in this process, I will check all the available logs and try to finish with all this backend Authentication part, that I've always found less interesting, and start with the real / exciting app development.

aschlosser
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Good luck with that - hope you're into Xcode by now

Andreas