Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with DMS Logshipping at Secondary Site

manikandanharis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All

In our landscape we have configured DMS in DR with the Scripts available. Recently the log-shipping got stopped and we managed to fix the issue with the automatic log backup at primary site.

At secondary site the log are copied with the .BAT scheduled in the task scheduler. But the Restore Scripts are not working properly even when scheduled with task scheduler nor running them manually. We got no errors after running the BAT file. As per the import_scripts the log are getting replaced. But actually it is not replacing them.

But whereas when I restore them manually with the recovery option available in Database manager, the medium is working fine.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

View Entire Topic
manikandanharis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi James

Below is the standard Blog from which we created the Script.

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=72123826

I have also attached the Scripts that we run in our server for Automatic Restore

Regards

Manikandan

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

Just like I thought you are using that script, then sorry, I have no idea on the logic of the script.
But this is log not shipped to standby, so this is not maxdb's problem.

Best regards,
James

manikandanharis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi James

Thanks for the comments

But help me in understanding this

"But this is log not shipped to standby, so this is not maxdb's problem"

Regards

Manikandan. N

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

"But this is log not shipped to standby, so this is not maxdb's problem"
=>For my understanding, the log is not transfered to standby via the script, correct?

If I got misunderstanding, would you please explain this issue with some screenshots? My point is if it is maxdb issue, then I can jump to work with you. If it is the script issue, then sorry, let us see whether someone can help with.

Best regards,
James