Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC; Unable to use same JDBC Data Source / Guidance on approach

gpre7086
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!!

I think I've found the "why" to my challenge. Looking for confirmation and guidance on what would be the best approach for my project.

I have data in a cloud HANA database and I need to run several reports against it. Then consolidate the report output and zip them up and send them via email.

What I'm finding is I can only use a JDBC Data Source once in my Integration flow. This seems to be confirmed in note: 3164734 - JDBC Receiver Adapter error: Failed to get the xml output for query (https://me.sap.com/notes/3164734/E)

My choices appear to be separate integration flows or define multiple JDBC Data Sources.

I need to aggregate a number of reports so this and either approach will get quite messy.

See my sample flow - the JDBC channels below are currently defined as different JDBC Data Sources pointing to the same database.

I appreciate any guidance on best approach to resolving this would be appreciated.

Thank you. /Greg

View Entire Topic
VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting find. Never knew about this constraint. I would look into separating the iflows into processdirect units rather than defining multiple data sources. It is just my choice though.

gpre7086
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your response Vijay.

Let me explore your suggestion - thank you again. /Greg