cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Numbering concept in ABAP RESTful Programming

abapforgeeks
Explorer

Hello Experts,

I am trying to understand the concept of late numbering in ABAP RPM. I have read the documentation, and gave try in system but still not able to grasp the concept completely.

As mentioned in the document,

'Late numbering is a common concept for drawing gap-free numbers. In some cases, it can be business critical that identifier numbers are gap-free, for example invoice numbers. The third phase of the save sequence is implemented in adjust_numbers( ). The output is a link table which maps %PIDs to the related drawn numbers. These final IDs are provided by means of the MAPPED exporting parameter so that temporary numbers can be exchanged. The implementation of this method assigns the final keys for the remaining content IDs.'

I tried implementing the method adjust_numbers( ) by passing a new number to %PID in exporting parameter MAPPED, But didn't work as expected.

Can someone provide a sample code on how to implement late numbering. ( I couldn't find any sample code in documentation). Can you please help andre.fischer

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I will look into it.

View Entire Topic
lloydfernandes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The PID has to be generated in the Interaction phase.

The number must be generated in the Save phase in the adjust_numbers() method. This number must then be assigned to the key field of the corresponding PID.

mapped-entitiy[ %pid = `pid_value` ]-key_field = `key_value`.