Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Variables as Story Filter not working correctly

keinhoff
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are using the SAC with a live connection SAP BW. In our story we have two live models based on two different BeX queries. In both queries / models there is a variable called "OrgUnit". In BW it is the same infoobject and also the same variable.

Now I would like to link these variables. So I opened the dialogue to add a new linked variable, selected the two models and the variable in each model and add the linking. When it asked for a value I enter it and everything works correct. Also when I start the story in the variable pop up I can see the linked variable.

When I enter a value for the linked variable every page and every chart or tabel is filtered correctly. We have 3 pages with charts where only one model is used and another 4 pages with tables in which the second model is used. Due to the linked variable also the tables are displayed with the correct values:

I selected the CRM Orgunit "413" as you can see in the story filter and also in the table.

When I now change the value in the storyfilter based on the variables "OrgEinheit"

to "400" not the complete story is refreshed. Only the charts (based on the origin model) are updated. In case I changed the story filter while a page with the table is opened this table is updated as well, but when I am on one of the first pages (with charts) no table is updated.

The setting for the input control of tabeles is set to use story variables.

By the way, when I confirm this dialogue the table is updated.

Linked variables:

One more thing: Shouldn't be the sign in the story filter show a linked variable:

Summarized: Updating a story filter based on a linked variable on live models from BeX queries has no update effect on tables.

Any suggestions?

Thanks inadvance and best wishes

Kjell

View Entire Topic
mik_its
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same issue as well.

If someone finds a solution please share 🙂 thanks.

Br, Michael