Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking into several variants from diagrams in Signavio Process Manager

anna_henke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Signavio Community,

we have investigated the new Variant Management within Signavio and have the following Use Case which is related to how we can solve it in the best manner in SAP Signavio Process Manager 

We have process which is different in each plant. So we create a template process and the variants for each plants.

When we now create our process map and drill down to the process with the according variants, the question is, how can we let the user select to which process variant (=which plant) s/he wants to navigate? 

Or more generally spoken: How can we make the variants dynamically available in the SAP Signavio Process Collaboration Hub without hard-coding the links into the process map? 

Thanks for clarifying this,

Anna

View Entire Topic
julienmoigno
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Anna

In the SAP Signavio Process Collaboration Hub, you can access the Variant Management center via the side panel. Here, you can view an overview of all variant groups in the workspace and conduct both single and bulk actions on them.

julienmoigno_0-1714396348527.png

1. Choose Create new template.
  2. Browse your folders and choose a process to set as the template. Confirm with Select. The Set Dimensions and Values window opens.
  3. Choose or create dimensions as needed.
  4. Choose Add value to add one or more values to a dimension. Confirm selections with Next.
  5. (Optional) Choose Browse processes to attach variants to the template.
  6. Choose Create template

You control what is seen in the collaboration hub by using the publishing function from your modeling workspace.

julienmoigno_1-1714396483701.png

Let me know if that answers your question.

Best,

ArminKieber
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sorry, I didn't want to leave a comment.

Kind regards, Armin

anna_henke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello @julienmoigno ,

no, this unfortunately does not solve our issue.

I am aware of how to access the center and how to create variants - but I am struggling with the end user experience. I try to do an example:

We have a process "Commissioning" which works differently in every plant. Commissioning is a Level 3 process, so we have processes in Level 1 and 2 which do not have variants - it's just the "Commissioning" process that needs variants. So I want the users to be able to drill down to the commissioning process in the Collaboration Hub and then chose from there, which variant they want to access. Ideally I am able to assign users to audiences and "route" them to the according Level 3 process of their plant (but with the possibility of viewing other variants as well).

Any hints on how to achieve this?

Anna