cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load data to SAP HANA Data Lake from SAP DI

0 Kudos

hello, community,

I have been trying to load the data into the Hana data lake from sap DI, I have created a physical and a virtual table to push the data. and I'm using the Hana client operator to push the data to the data lake but when I run my graph it throws the following error ->

hdb://usern-name:password@host-name:443: driver: bad connection

I'm not able to figure out the reason for this error as in the metadata explorer my Hana data lake, as well as my Hana DB connections and their schemas, is visible. would be great if anyone can guide me with the process.

any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Aditya

View Entire Topic
markmumy
Advisor
Advisor

Aditya,

It sounds like you have DI putting data into HDB which is not really an HDB table but a virtual table pointing to HDL? If so, can you try writing to HDL directly rather than going through HANA? First, it will be MUCH faster. Second, the error may be related (just a guess) to how DI loads HDB and expects an HDB table, not a virtual table.

Lastly, is your DI and HANA in the same cloud provider and data center? If not, this could be related to HANA Cloud not having properly allowed or whitelisted ip addresses and DI simply can't connect because it isn't allowed to connect. Check your HANA cloud allowed and disallowed IP addresses and ranges to make sure that your DI instance can connect.

Mark

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

thanks for the suggestion.I first tried pushing data directly to the hdl but couldn't find any operator in DI to pass the data between the 2 platforms.

Thanks

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Create a link to HDL: HDL_DB

Then you need to use the Table Producer: Table Producer

Mark

aghoshal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Can you please suggest steps that I can follow to setup data load from SAP DI to HANA Data Lake.

Thanks

Aporup