cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login to On-Premise System with authentication against the Cloud Identity Authentication

hschumann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey together,

I'm currently facing the question whether it is possible to use the Cloud Identity Authentication on SAP Cloud Platform to authenticate users for On-Premise Systems and if this is possible, which further components are necessary to achieve this functionality.

During my search I only found scenarios to connect the Cloud Identity Authentication to a corporate user store in order to integrate both, to use the Cloud Identity Authentication as a proxy IdP or to setup authentication against other cloud solutions.

Is the scenario possible for authentication in ERP/BW/BI Platform or SAP GUI?

Thanks in advance.

Heiko

DeepikaB
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hii Heiko,

By chance did you , integrated SAP S/4 HANA on premise to IAS. Is it possible for desktop applications like SAP GUI.

I have successfully configured WEBGUI to IAS , but has not come through a standard process to integrate SAP GUI applications with IAS. If you have any information please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Deepika.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor

It should be possible to configure IAS to authenticate users in ERP. SAP ERP systems can be confgured with a SAML Identity Providser. But I guess it would be only for web based access.

For SAPGUI access - we would need on-premise SAP SSO