Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain authorization between multiple subaccounts in SAP BTP

bhaskar_nagula
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Error was: No ABAP environments in CF space found when creating list report object page in SAP Business Application Studio.

This is due to ABAP enviornment present in another subaccount but I want to achieve this by giving authorization between these 2 subaccounts.

May I know, how do I connect with another subaccount? What are the steps to give the authorization to get ABAP environment from another subaccount? I'm the one global account user managing both subaccounts.

Is there any option? How do subaccounts play role in SAP BTP?

View Entire Topic
kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Bhaskar,

create a subaccount destination as described in Creating a Destination for Cross-Subaccount Communication in the subaccount of your BAS subscription.

Afterwards, create a communication system as described in Creating a Communication System for SAP Business Application Studio in your ABAP instance.

You can then use this destination in BAS to access the ABAP instance.

Best regards, Kai

bhaskar_nagula
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kai Dehmann, Do you have any steps-wise guide screenshots for How to Create Communication Systems. with links of specified pages? I couldn't able to find the specified page/screen as shown in this help portal to create communication systems to connect the ABAP environment from one subaccount to another.

I have tried another way. i.e I have logged in to the cloud foundry environment in SAP BTP to create the Fiori app with credentials of another subaccount's cloud foundry which has ABAP environment, by doing this I can achieve ABAP environment but having the following error even if catalog service is active. If possible, may I know how to get catalog service in another subaccount?. Thanks and regards. Bhaskar

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

there is no step-wise guide for the ABAP Environment. There is an equivalent tutorial for S/4HANA Cloud: Connect SAP Business Application Studio and SAP S/4HANA Cloud Tenant. You can follow this tutorial. Please note that the fields URL and Audience of the destination have different values for the ABAP Environment, for instance:

However, from your screenshots I derive that you are using the abap-trial service. In the trial service, you do not have access to the Communication Systems app. That is, you will not be able to use this approach for an abap-trial service instance.

For an abap-trial service instance, the easiest way to connect to Business Application Studio (BAS) is using a BAS subscription from the same subaccount.

The approach that you have sketched above in your comment does not work cross-subaccount. This only works if the ABAP instance is in the same subaccount as the BAS subscription.

Best regards
Kai