Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Integration - External Commands for OS/400

mandrake140
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently configuring the external commands for Operation System in Master data Integration.
As per guide and documents, this step is mandatory and a one time activity for syncing data from ERP to Ariba applications.

Our customer's ERP is running in operating system OS/400 and the operating system commands listed in the guide are only for Linux, Windows and AIX.

I found this command syntax online but master data export program still wont work and generate csv files.

Command Syntax OS/400

ZSSPDIRCREAATE CRTDIR

ZSSPDIRREMOVE RMVDIR

ZUSSPMOVE MOVE

Can you please let me know what am I missing here?

View Entire Topic
andreas_k
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jonil,

unfortunately I have no experience with OS/400. Are there any error messages in the master data export programs, dumps or what exactly is happening when you execute the programs?

Best

Andreas

mandrake140
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for replying!

This is what we tried so far..

1 We created the commands in SM49 for Windows NT and Linux / AIX. Hoping that these are supported to OS400 but we are still encountering errors when running the export program.

SM49

Error log from SE38 – ARBCIG_MASTER_DATA_EXPORT

We did try out several commands for os400 that we found online but still did not work.

At this point we would like to know if the export program supports or compatible to the OS400?

mandrake140
Explorer
0 Kudos

Additional Scenario that we tried ..

We also noticed one thing in the behaviour of the export program error logs

I ran the export program in our demo system. We don’t have any defined external commands (ZSSPDRIREMOVE , ZSSPMOVE and ZSSPDIRREMOVE) in SM49, the master data export program will prompt an error log like this which is expected.

But when we run the program in our customer’s erp system (with installed OS400) without and with external commands we are still getting the same error response.

We configured everything that is needed for the master data integration except for the external commands.

andreas_k
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jonil,

the external commands in SM49 are definitely required. If I'm not mistaken OS/400 is now called IBM i-Series?

Following the documentation, that the system commands mkdir, rm, mv should also be available on your system, see here.

Besides that, I couldn't find any more information. I think SLG1 doesn't prompt any messages for the report.

In case you're familiar with debugging, you could try debugging ARBCIG_MASTERDATA_EXPORT for the text element for "Not able to create folder". There are only few points, where this text element is used, so the chance is high, that this might lead somewhere or at least drives you in the right direction.

If this doesn't help as well, I would recommend creating a ticket, because this goes over my personal know how and experience and this is a support relevant topic.

Best

Andreas