cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Material Default value derivation without changing material entity for change CR Type

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing condition based default value derivation for material.

For change material CR type, we want to change specific values but none of them are from material entity.

When the cross entity badi is called, we are checking all the required fields and writing default values in the specific fields. However, the IO_WRITE gives error stating that " Material currently not in process".

Any idea how to put conditional based default values in change material CR type without touching material entity.

BRF default value will not work because we have dynamic logic for the default values.

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I know this one. But IO_Changed_data will have values once something is changed on screen.

We have change number mandatory for material creation and change, so user will add change number and system should derive default values from cross entity badi.

Issue is, change number is type 1 entity and does not have material as key. So when we give change number system will run the default value code in cross entity but when it tries to write in the entity it gives dump that material is not changed. If I change something in the material or other than type 1 entity than the write is not giving any error.

View Entire Topic
chahoud
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I get your point correctly. I guess it's not possible in the USMD Rule Service BAdI.

The cross entity derivation works only for entities that are children of a single (parent) SUT 1 entity type. You cannot derive across multiple entities with SUT 1.

Please try with access class!

Best regards Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Wisam,

Yes, that is the limitation of the BAdI. Cannot derive across multiple type 1 entities.

ptanvisap
Explorer
0 Kudos
Were you able to do it via access class? I am getting the same error in access class for similar scenario method - IF_USMD_PP_ACCESS~DERIVE_DATA