cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$metadata Not Found When Launching App via Build Work Zone

mike_yang
Discoverer

Hello,

Tutorial: Build an Application End-to-End Using CAP, Node.js and VS Code > Subscribe to the SAP Build Work Zone, Standard Edition

I have followed the tutorial and am able to test the launch page locally without issue. However, when I try to test the Risks or Mitigations apps via the Build Work Zone I am seeing "File not found" errors when launching both apps. Looking at the Chrome Debugger, I can see the requests below returning with a 404 error:

To try and ensure that there were no issues with any of the files created following the tutorial, I used the project from the logging branch.

Thank you for your help in advance!

daniellelyle
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm very interested in this issue, because we are having a similar issue and have been for some time. Unfortunately, I can't seem to replicate your issue with the Risk Management application, I've cloned and deployed it (tried 3 deploys) with no issues, except the first time I forgot to assign myself the role. I was very hopeful that I'd get the deployment to fail so I'd have a place to start from!

What happens for us is that about 7 out of 10 deployments result in a "metadata cannot be loaded" error in place of your "file not found" error. The status code we get is 401. Our deployment and auth config follows the sflight sample application very closely, and we can't find a place where we went wrong. It's worth noting that the sflight application never fails for me on deployment, so something is right with their configuration. The logs for the srv module do show a 401 when attempting to GET the service URL (even on deployments that succeed) so there is a clue there that something is wrong with our security settings.

tldr: I don't have an answer for you except to suggest checking out the sflight sample application and possibly check your post-deploy logs for clues. I'd be very interested in hearing if you get somewhere!

mike_yang
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi daniellelyle,

I retried things starting from the Prepare SAP Build Work Zone, Standard Edition Setup using the code from the logging branch and still cannot access either of the Mitigations or Risks apps via the Work Zone. Just to clarify, you are able to access the deployed apps via your (trial) Work Zone instance?

In any case, I will follow your suggestion and give the sflight sample application a spin to see if I have better luck.

Thanks!

daniellelyle
Participant
0 Kudos

mike_yang Yes, I'm using a free tier account with a Build Work Zone, standard edition subscription. After I cloned the repo, I ran the build and deploy with no additional setup (aside from the usual launchpad config and role assignments) and it worked the first time for me. This is surprising because CF deployments have been the bane of my existence, ha. It makes me wonder if there was something different about my BTP setup.

former_member634428
Discoverer
0 Kudos

mike_yang , Hi Mike, can I ask if you have resolved this issue? I am facing the similar issue right now some some hints would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"uri": "/service/risk/",====> "uri": "service/risk/",

remove the leading /. it may help.

mike_yang
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi jun.wu5,

Unfortunately, this did not resolve things.

Thanks!