Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method 'CREATE_LINK' not implemented in data provider class

donatoferraro
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am developing an offline mobile app (using the SAP Business Techology Platform mobile SDK for Android 3.4.0).

I created 2 entities connected with a one-to-many association.

When I create a new child entity, I use the createLink method to associate it with the parent entity. (I used this reference https://help.sap.com/doc/f53c64b93e5140918d676b927a3cd65b/Cloud/en-US/docs-en/guides/features/backen...

This allows me to navigate, in the app, between the parent entity and its children (offline).

The createLink method requires that the CREATE_LINK method be implemented in the data provider on the backend.

There is no method of the DPC_EXT class in the backend that can be redefined. I haven't found any documentation or examples on this.

Ideas?

Thank you

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi donatoferraro

I believe your backend odata provider is an ABAP Gateway, correct? If so, have you created the OData service data model with a relationship between entities, like navigation property or entity association?It would be a great idea for other to be able to support you, if you could include the data model you have on your SAP Gateway.If not using SAP Gateway, please share more details about your setup.Best regards,
Ivan
View Entire Topic
donatoferraro
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

thanks for your help. Sorry for the delay in the response.

I solved the problem by handling the sync flow differently.

However, this is an alternative solution. Correct but alternative.

In any case, the case is particular, since the CREATE_LINK method does not exist in the DPC_EXT class and therefore it would be interesting to understand how to implement it.

Regarding the infrastructure, we have an ECC and a GW. The function modules and the data and the oData project are on the ECC, while in the GW we have published the services. The odata model has two entities related to a navigation property.

One of the two entities is of medium type (these are images to be attached).

The other entity is a document. The relationship is 1 to *.

Debugging I saw that the CREATE_LINK method is in a standard badi / IWFND / BD_MGW_RUNTIME which should be redefined.

Best Regards