Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple entries in a Single table via OData service

Rohan_Chauhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

I tried to create a service in which we have to send more than one entry via OData service.

My project name is ZVBAP and I use VBAP table fields which are vbeln, posnr and matnr

So by use of Create entity I can send the single entry to the Standard table but after many try I didn't get any solution to how to send more than one entry in Standard table.

Also I tried this in METHOD /iwbep/if_mgw_appl_srv_runtime~create_entity but still it doesn't run and it affects the Create entity service also.

Please help me to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

Rohan Chauhan

View Entire Topic
sajid-khan
Explorer

You can't create multiple entries with OData's CRUD operations. For bulk creation, use batch processing.

Edit: You can also make use of OData's deep create feature. You'll have to modify your OData to add a new parent entity type (For example, a VBAK entity type) which will hold multiple VBAP entities using navigation property (VBAK 1:N VBAP cardinality). Sending a deep create request on VBAK will let you pass multiple VBAP entries in same request, the multiple entries then can be created in backend all at once. 

Rohan_Chauhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sajid.

You tell me the alternate method to create a deep entity service. But in this method we have to add another table which was VBAK but I have to add entries only in one table.

And please elaborate the batch process method which helps me a lot.

Thanks

Rohan Chauhan

sajid-khan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @Rohan_Chauhan

For Deep create, you have the control over whether the parent entity is created in the table. You can extend the CREATE_DEEP_ENTITY method in your data provider class. Simply omit the code responsible for inserting parent entity data into the table.

For batch processing see (https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-blogs-by-members/odata-batch-processing-part-1/ba-p/13484676)

If you are using Ui5, you don't have to worry about manually passing all these HTTP headers and payloads. For example, for Odata V4, you can simply call sap.ui.model.odata.v4.ODataListBinding:create method to add create requests to queue, and finally call sap.ui.model.odata.v4.ODataModel:submitBatch to send the batch create request to the server.