cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on how to load Unique sequential number to DSO

glenn_quinn
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are installing a new content, PBF.    The consultant wrote down the functional spec on how to load data to DSO.    On the spec, the object, which I will call RECORD5.  For the records created, populate the RECORD5 with a unique sequential number.   I am trying to figure how to populate the RECORD5.   Also, the data will be deleted for every load and I want to able to start with number 1 here.

Thanks.     

View Entire Topic
glenn_quinn
Explorer
0 Kudos

What I am trying to load the master data into the DSO.  For every record in the Master Data,  create 2 records.  What I will do is create 2 transformation/DTP for each Code.

PositionDateCodeRecord5
11/1/2013A1
11/1/2013B2
21/2/2013A3
21/2/2013B4

We do the one time load every year, and I have to delete the DSO and reset the Record5 number (back to 1).   I know number range is good idea but it doesn't allow us to start a new count.

I was looking at John's post:  RECORD5 = ( ( DataPacketNumber - 1 ) * SizeOfDataPacket ) + RecordNumber.   Can I use that code on the 2nd transformation (Code B)  to do both code A and B count or it will do only on Code B count?

I am trying to explore the option here.

Dan_M
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

Are you referring to DSO /PBFBI/HRSTO05?  If yes, do you plan on ever creating any position benefits using the delivered portal application?  Also, what's your requirement for always starting RECORD5 at 1 for each data load?

Regards,

Dan

glenn_quinn
Explorer
0 Kudos

I did talk to the consultant on how to do with Record5, and they said it don't need to be started at 1.  They said you can use the number range.   That part, it is already taken care.