cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to remove Kyma Environment - service instances in btp cockpit

kevin_hu
Active Participant

Hi,

I want to remove my Kyma Environment to start from new, but not able to as there are service instances in btp cockpit. However these instances have already been removed from my Kyma dashboard.

Please suggest how this can be fixed.

And there is also a service instance of "Service Manager" not sure if it is associated to Kyma environment, which cannot be deleted either. - I did not create this one myself.

See attachment. Please help.

jexpo
Participant
0 Kudos

I got the same issue in my SAP BTP Kyma Cluster on my SAP BTP Trial account.

Do you found the way to deprovision this instances in order to disable the Kyma Cluster from SAP BTP trial account?

kevin_hu
Active Participant

I can't get it fixed.

As I was running free tier with my P user account, I can't create sap ticket either.

Hi all,

Do we have resolution for this since we are not able to delete Kyma runtime service when used as free tier for a POC.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

quovadis
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is not correct is that the scope of the service instance [created on kyma side] shows undefined followed by the namespace name;

In lieu of undefined you should be able to see your kyma cluster GUID there.

On a side note a kyma cluster id is a GUID created by the btp service operator....

As a hint you might want to check btp-service-operator deployment on your kyma cluster? it is a deployment in kyma-system namespace:

The btp-service-operator deployment is managed by the kyma cluster reconciler; but you can force the reconciler to repair any managed deployment via the following kubectl command:

kubectl -n kyma-system rollout restart deployment sap-btp-operator-controller-manager

I hope that helps; kind regards; Piotr

PS. You should not be tampering with the BTP Service Manager's service-operator-access plan service instance as this is used by the kyma btp-service-operator to manage BTP services.

kevin_hu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Piotr,I tried to run the kubectl command.

But still not able to delete the kyma environment from btp cockpit.

and there is a service not able to be deleted (not exist any more together with the namespace), I believe that might be the reason the environment not able to be deleted.

jexpo
Participant
0 Kudos

kevin.muessig any idea on how to fix this?