Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notifications to be received into powl inbox and email inbox

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when employee's data (say address data gets changed), the employee should receive notification(information) at following two places.

1. into his email address hisemail@comanay .com

2. into his powl inbox (http://eccserver:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ibo_wda_inbox?sap-wd-configId=IBO_WDAC_POWL_INBOX)

the content of the notification could be something like:

subject: your address is changed

body: your address is changed to CityB, zipcode 12345, on 24-Aug-2014.

if it were just sending email, we can use bcs classes to send mails, with appropriate information. I tried this it by triggering the send mail functionality in user-exit of address infotype.

but we are not able to send this notification to POWL inbox.

for this requirement, is it recommended to use workflow / workflow tasks so that notifications can be sent to both email inbox and powl inbox separately.

is there any configuration/way to setup notifications to be sent to both email and powl inbox.

for notifications to be visible in powl inbox, what configurations have to be done.

thanks,

Madhu_1980

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

POWl inbox is not for email notifications .... it is used by managers for taking some decisions on some processes for thier employees e.g. approving employer timesheets, leaves etc.

I have not seen a scenario wherr notifications are sent out in POWL.

Regards

ibrahim

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>I have not seen a scenario wherr notifications are sent out in POWL.

in our scenario, the employees want to view the notifications/informations/alerts via web based interface in browser. We donot have EP/UWL in our landscape. so we proposed using POWL notifications tab, as we see in the screen:

we are in ecc6/ehp7.

is there any way, we can send notifications to this POWL inbox. if we use workflow to send notifications, how can we configure to receive notifications here, if possible.

if not POWL, is there any alternative, where users can see the notifications in browser.

in our scenario, there are many notifications, information, alerts to be sent to employees, and they do not have sapgui access, and can access only webdynpro applications via browser.

thanks

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this thread .

It is similar to this one and was created by you only and marked as Answered

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes . with the blog http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31014 , I was able to get MSS (Leave approvals etc) into POWL but not the notifications. i searched on scn, but for notifications i was not able to get into powl inbox.

for MSS, i used the configuration configId=HRMSS_AC_POWL_INBOX

http://eccserver:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ibo_wda_inbox?sap-wd-configId=HRMSS_AC_POWL_INBOX and got

but notifications were not appearing using configuration HRMSS_AC_POWL_INBOX.

so tried using the generic configuration IBO_WDAC_POWL_INBOX

but there also notifications are not appearing. so thought of checking in workflow forum.

i was happy to know, if notifications can be viewed in browser without using POWL.

thanks,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu, We are doing very similar to your requirement and we are able to setup the notifications in POWL inbox.  Please follow the below steps to see the notifications in your POWL inbox. Step 1: looks for POWL_QUERY id in POWL_TYPE transaction Step 2: Go to Transaction POWL_TYPER and link POWL type (IBO_INBOX_NOTIF) to your POWL application. Step 3: verify Query ID ( BO_INBOX_NOTIF_QUERY) existence in transaction POWL_QUERY. Step 4: Maintain POWL categories (IBO_INBOX_NOTIF_CAT) using POWL_CAT transaction. Step 5: Maintain POWL Query role assignment using transaction POWL_QUERYR Finally you will see all the notifications in your POWL Inbox. But we are not able to open any notifications and right now we are working with SAP to get the solution for this. Thanks, Kishore

rodolformoraes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Any luck with your issue? We are stuck in with the same problem!

Let us know if you had solved this.

Regards,

Rodolfo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodolfo,

We are able to fix this by doing component configuration changes. Please see the screenshot for changes and you need to use enhance button to make your changes.

Thanks,

Kishore