cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Interfacing Standard (SAP to 3rd Party)

michaeljohn82
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As you are aware, in the context of SAP CI, we often encounter situations where data needs to be extracted from ECC/S4 systems and sent to a 3rd party system via middleware. Currently, we have CI integrated with SAP ECC (not S4HANA). We have been tasked with designing an interface that extracts specific data based on certain events within SAP ECC and transmits it to the 3rd party system (SAP --> 3rd party outbound interface).

After conducting exploration, we found that there is no standard IDoc available for this purpose. Therefore, our remaining option is to utilize the Proxy (XI/SOAP) technique to send the data to CI. However, we would like to seek your input on whether there are any golden rules or best practices we should follow to minimize rework when we eventually transition to S4HANA. Your advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your valuable insights.

View Entire Topic
adam_kiwon3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Michael, I still see ABAP Proxies as relevant also in S/4HANA, please review the following article: https://www.integration-excellence.com/sap-backend-integration-technologies-overview/

Best regards, Adam

michaeljohn82
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi adam.kiwon3 - Sorry for coming back again. The article is so nice and I bookmarked it. It was given in the article:

"Now comes the big question: When to use which technology? This will be answered in a later step…"

Could you please share if there are any recommendation on when to use which technology? For RFC and REST we don't have proper monitoring features in SAP so I was wondering if we need to avoid them because of this gap?