cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: Did you succeed with XML file inputs in 1605?

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Community,

I already logged several incidents to SAP, but because I love you, I wanted to share my experience here with XML file input since 1605.

And I want you to do the same if you succeeded in developing new XML file input runs for 1605.

The issue:

The run is triggered and the light goes green, telling you the process has gone well and that a document with a certain ID has been processed.

But.... nothing happens. Noithing is called and the ABSL is never triggered. Neither After-Modify, Before-SAve or OnSave.

The custom business object used for staging is just never created.

This is a common issue as I already got it several times, but it always fixed by itself overnight... It seems weird, but it is true. Lewis had the same issue here :

However, now I get it for every Test system in 1605 where I tried an XML File Input (three systems total).

And it does not fix itself overnight, it has not been working since the release of 1605. Nothing to do, ABSL is just never triggered. No event happens.

And you?

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine Ollier

View Entire Topic
former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow these steps to identify the issue:

1) Go to Application and User Management Workcentre -> Process communication errors and see if there are any errors for your file input scenario,

2) Check your solution is enabled in SDK,

3) Check your solution is scoped

4) else raise ticket.

Could also refer to : http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-71714

Thanks, Pradeep.

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

I am used to this section and yes I had some issues in it, like LowerCases letters in the External reference ID. However, even when I have no errors, the XML run keeps working on and off.

Anyway, it started working back after I raised the incident. Coincidence or not, I can now proceed with pushing in Production.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine Ollier

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could also try to activate the .pid if the solution is "In Development" status.

Thanks, Pradeep.