Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR workflow - No event for adding new item in ME52N

Thiruvengadam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Am facing the following issue with the PR approval workflow. We have setup PR release strategy at the Header level and have setup the workflow for the approval. The approval flow is working fine.

There is another requirement to cater for changes to the PR. The requirement is that any change in a PR should terminate the active flow and create a fresh one. We have added the BUS2105 CHANGED event as a trigger for the workflow and have written some code in the Check FM to determine if a new workflow is to be triggered or not. This is working fine for any changes to existing items.

However, when we are adding a new item to the PR in ME52N, there is no event generated and hence the workflow cannot be controlled. I tried using ME52 (old tcode) to add new item and a workflow event ReleaseStepCreated was triggered. We are using only ME52N in our system. Am not sure why there is no event triggered when adding new line item to existing PR in ME52N. Can anyone pls advise.

Regards

Thiru

View Entire Topic
Thiruvengadam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan, Rob,

Have already checked the settings in SWEC. The On Change for Change Doc object BANF is tied to BUS2105->Changed event. Have attached an analysis of the various events generated during modifying the PR using ME52N. Also tried once using ME52. There is no Changed event triggered when Adding/Copying Line Item in ME52N. Pls advise.

Best Regards

Thiru

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can  you please share detail screenshots of  SWEC with Changed event