cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Sending E-Mail

0 Kudos

Hello everybody,
I am trying to send E-Mails via SAP Build Process Automation. But every time I want to test the emailfunction in the settings it occurs an error with the SMTP-Server. I already talked to our IT-Administrators for our mailserver, they say they have never got any request to send an email from SAP Build Process Automation. So I think there is something wrong with the destination. The destination looks like this:

#mail.password=<< Existing password/certificate removed on export >>

#

#Thu Nov 02 13:39:36 UTC 2023

Type=MAIL

mail.user=*

mail.bpm.send.disabled=false

mail.smtp.ssl.enable=false

mail.transport.protocol=smtp

mail.smtp.from=*

mail.smtp.starttls.required=true

mail.smtp.ssl.checkserveridentity=false

Authentication=BasicAuthentication

mail.smtp.host=*

Name=sap_process_automation_mail

mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true

ProxyType=Internet

mail.smtp.port=587

mail.smtp.auth=true

Thanks for your help
gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide details about what E-Mail Servicer is used and where it is reachable? Via the internet or just on premise?

View Entire Topic
tobias_breyer
Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

the destination contents look good, at least it is not an obvious issue.

But it is also difficult to give further guidance, because lots of the trouble you can have with contacting email servers depends on the mail server itself which you left out.

For example, on-premise mail servers are not supported. Also your mail server might not support the port you set or the authentication you use, or it requires a change of settings on the mail server side (e. g. an allow-list).

You could check the configuration page:

https://help.sap.com/docs/build-process-automation/sap-build-process-automation/configuring-smtp-mai....

See also the related information link which contains for example a few hints relating to mail servers supporting OAuth.

Regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,
thanks for you answer. I talked a lot with our internal Team for the SMTP Server. They unterstood me wrong and gave me the wrong serveradress, for internal use only. But BTP is an external service, so we fixed it and now everything works fine.

Kind regards
Jonathan

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

jonathan.koessmeier Glad it is working. Can you either close the question or accept one of he answers?