Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real-Time Data Access for Remote Tables

konrad_szw86
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have encountered an unusual issue that I'd like to discuss. I have created two spaces, namely "Sales" and "Marketing," both of which are connected to both our test and production S/4HANA systems. It's important to note that all settings for these connections are identical.

Within the "Sales" Space, there are several remote tables already configured for Real-Time data access to our S/4HANA production system. Recently, I created new tables/views with Real-Time data access connected to our S/4HANA quality system.

Now, here's where it gets peculiar: I decided to switch the connection of the previously created tables in the "Sales" Space from the quality system to the production system. However, after making this switch, I've encountered an issue where I am unable to enable "Real-Time Access," even for relatively small tables with around 80 records. It's worth mentioning that I am able to load the snapshot of this table without issues.

What's even more perplexing is that when attempting to access the same table in the "Marketing" Space, which is also connected to the same S/4HANA production system with identical settings, I can access the table in Real-Time without any problems.

I have attempted to refresh the connections within the "Sales" Space, keeping in mind that this space already contains several tables with Real-Time access settings enabled. Furthermore, the new tables in the S/4HANA quality system are functioning with Real-Time access, and the same table works perfectly in the "Marketing" Space, which is connected to the production system.

Given these circumstances, I'm struggling to identify the root cause of this behavior. Do you have any insights or suggestions regarding this issue?

Lee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Konrad,

Ideally , in the system landscape, we need to add at least two SAP Datasphere tenants to your landscape. You can use one to develop and test the content, and other as production environment as source of truth.

Are you using the 2 spaces to connect between non-prod and prod data ? As best practises, keep them seperate so to avoid data issues. Please refer the below blog if it helps.

https://blogs.sap.com/2023/03/29/sap-datasphere-life-cycle-management-and-deployment-options/#:~:tex....

Regards

Leena Gopinath

View Entire Topic
RichT
Explorer
0 Kudos

The Remote Table Monitor should give you some sort of error message why it was unable to enable Real-Time replication, best place to start.