Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring instances owner changed to administrator post upgrade to BO 4.3 SP2

atanak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Recurring instances owner changed to administrator post upgrade to BO 4.3 SP2.

My current Source system is in BO 4.1 and I have to upgrade it to 4.3 SP2.

the source system has all the users connected via SAP authentication and the connections for the webi reports have SSO configured and working. These users create their own recurring copies with their own ids.

We have a target box which has fresh installation of 4.3 SP2.

I logged in with administrator enterprise id in the source system, created .biar files from the Source Promotion Management in CMC with all the dependencies checked. Even for the recurring instance I checked the box "Show completed instances in Manage Dependencies page" under Promotion Management > Settings > Job Settings.

Once the .biar file is created, I copied it to the target system so that it can be used as an input to the "Promotion Management Wizard" in the target system.

Logging in to the Wizard with administrator enterprise id from the target system.

All the reports and dependencies are copied even the recurring copy. But now the owner of the recurring copy is administrator instead of the SAP authenticated user's IDs which were there in the source. Due to this the next run of the copy fails as the administrator ID is unable to connect via SSO to the SAP system.

Is there any way to keep the owner of the recurring instance same as that of the source?

I don't want to edit each and every recurring copy on the system as it will be too much of a manual effort as there are close to 300 recurring instances.

View Entire Topic
denis_konovalov
Active Contributor

"So does this mean, that when the SAP systems in source and target will be same, the owners will remain same ?" - yes, because users CUID's will be the same in this case.
The most relevant KBA here is https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2712696

atanak
Explorer
0 Kudos

thank you very much Denis. This is indeed the reason for my issue as the systems are different at the back-end.

during the actual production cut-over, the SAP system used will be same and hence this issue would not occur.

As of now we are doing mock upgrades with prod data from BOBJ and SAP BW prod system copy which is a different system. hence the issue as different SAP systems.

the KB article helped too.