Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC mapping in SAP ODATA for standard BAPI

kmabhilash111
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have got a small question regarding the RFC mapping, please help with the same.

Scenario : I have a standard BAPI which has 3 input parameters and 4 tables, now as per the facility provided by SAP, I am using RFC mapping method to get the work done.

its works fine for 3 tables, but the 4th table does not contain the field which are used a import in BAPI, hence it is getting difficult to map such for entity since we do not have the input fields in Table.

Please let me know how to handle such scenario where the entity does not contain fields of import parameter of BAPI

View Entire Topic

Hi Abhilash,

I try to understand your question. I think you are modeling them as a deep structure entity. That means, you define the 3 import fields as the header, and the 4 tables as sub-entities, which contains the import fields for mapping the keys.

In this case, you can add the 3 import fields into the 4th table in your odata Model, just for the modeling. And fill them with the value of the header in your GET methods.

Hope it helps you.

kmabhilash111
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Haolin Zhi,

Thank you for the response, I agree with your answer and that is the approach I am following. But I was asking is there any other way out without adding the fields, as we do for BAPI. This question was raised because we wanted to design the interface similar to standard BAPI.

0 Kudos

Hi kmabhilash111,

you can model the sub-entity without adding the fields of the header. But then you cannot define the referential constrains in the association, which is not necessary for you case. Since you probably implement the service by overriding the EXPANDED_ENTITYSET_ENTITY() or CREATE_DEEP_ENTITY() and map the value to your BAPI.

Those referential constrains are only necessary if you using CDS view for the backend implementation.

kmabhilash111
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks .. Will try to Implement and check