cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC - Active Users over Time (from SAC content usage) vs. License Usage Trends (from Admin Cockpit)

axel_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

does anyone know the difference between

Active Users over Time (from SAC content usage) vs. License Usage Trends (from Admin Cockpit) ?

Because we see different numbers. Active Users over Time shows a lower number than the License Usage Trend.

Also it is strange that License Usage Trend reports a higher number of concurrent licenses (used) than it is possible from the license we got on the system. I thought if concurrent licenses are all used user gets a message -> try later.
So how can there be more licenses used than available in the system.

Thanks for all replies in advance!

Best regards,
Axel

View Entire Topic
thomas_fery
Advisor
Advisor

Hi axel_,

we are currently adding information to make this more clear. What you currently see is the aggregated value for license usage per day. This means if a user logs on twice per day, this counts 2 times the license. Thus, you have less active users than licenses which is a little bit confusing.

We add the maximum parallel usage per license types as well as a 24 h profile for (unique) logons. This will make the information more clear and better consumable.

Same applies for the Concurrent BI Licenses. The KPI shows currently the aggregated value per day. We will change this.

I hope this answers the question.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Thomas

axel_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

thank you for the clarification!

I am looking forward for the maximum parallel usage per license type as this is needed to determine if new licenses are required. (one main reason we look at the license usage trend)

Do you got already a timeline by when this will be available in the admin cockpit?

Thanks and best regards
Axel

ben_w
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the answer to Axel's question - that helps me too. Is there any one place where I can find an overview of all of the data models containing information about users/usage and the definition of the key figures in the models? We are interested at looking at some of the trends on our SAC environment, and I am kind of trying to reverse engineer the Admin Cockpit and the older "SAC Content Usage" story / models and nothing is quite tallying up.

Also, when looking at the Admin Cockpit, the data only goes back to 30.12.2022. We would like to see the development over a longer time period - are they any plans to be able to do this?

Thanks

Ben

Galin_Manolov
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, we're also interested in some kind of documentation of the data models which are used in the Admin Cockpit and the SAC Content Usage. SAP delivers already a lot of information, but there are still some specific questions which need to be answered by building custom storys and diving deeper into the data.