Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC BW live connection: Error Illegal State: data area already existing

playaben82
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I'm working in SAC MAN with a live connection to BW (BPC), and Stories (optimized) that used to work fine are now giving me random errors like getting stuck loading and not opening, but if I try a second time maybe it works.

To simplify and isolate the problem, I have created a simple story with two tables, each connected to a live model based on a BW query. When I save it and execute the story, I get an error on the screen saying to contact the administrator because the model information was not found. If I go to the browser console, I have this information:

2024-04-23T08:02:57.474Z [ERROR] Failed to create QM for [{"datasetId":"view:[_SYS_BIC][t.3][Cqv88q0nv7fh9o9dgej0kgois2e]"}], reason: Illegal State: Illegal State: data area already existing
at e [as constructor]

I tried with a new model on the same BW queries but the same issue persists. Also, I have also tried regenerating the query in RSRT. It is the development tenant in SAC with version 2024.2.21.

BW Live Connections is a BW on HANA system.

Do you have any idea about this error in the console?

Thanks in advance.

View Entire Topic
niels_leininger
Explorer

We got an Info from SAP today:

A patch was installed that we believe may have resolved this issue.

playaben82
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks for the info. It seems this fixed the problem. We have to do more tests but at first the error no longer appears. Thanks for sharing. Best Regards