cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC: Data Point Commenting on BW Live Connection

bert_baeckelmans
Explorer

Hi there,

Since QRC2 2023, SAC offers the ability to comment on data that is provided via a BW Live Connection.
I followed some SAP Documentation in how to set this up.

Procedure:

- In project explorer (eclipse), in context menu for required infoarea, choose NEW > Document Store. New document store dialog appears

- Enter a name and description

- Choose finish. Document Store maintenance screen appears. On general tab, the system displays the name and descriptionTo assign the document store to infoproviders, switch to infoprovider tab and choose add.

- Specify the name of the required infoprovider, you can select one or more infoproviders.

After implementing these steps, I tested the data point comment in SAC:

I am able to create a new data point comment, but after saving it doesn't appear in SAC.

In the ADSO which is automatically generated after creating the document store in BW. New records are added when I save the changes. Also when I test this in Analysis for Office: Data Point Commenting functionality is working.

Anyone experienced same issue and knows how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

Bert

View Entire Topic
ben_w
Explorer

Hi Bert - I did exactly the same thing yesterday with the same results : in AfO everything works, but in SAC the comment can be added but the text is not displayed.

I opened a ticket with SAP for this issue. If I get anything useful I will try to post it back here.

Ben

PS If you open your own ticket, you can reference mine if you want : 474731 / 2023 SAC Data Point Comments on Live BW Connection

ben_w
Explorer

bert_baeckelmans SAP answered our ticket yesterday and I implemented Note 3346390 (the note is pretty new, from 20.06.2023) and the issue is fixed!