cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC story page filter default selection

dwilson13027
Participant

Hi Folks -

Hopefully an easy question but it's Friday and I don't have the mental capacity to figure this out this afternoon.

I have a date page filter in my story and no matter what I change it to, while performing regular analysis/reporting, the story always opens up to the same date. For example, when I open it, the filtered date is December 2022. I will change it to Jan 2023, do my analysis and then close it. The next time I open it, it is back to December 2022. I would prefer that it open up with either the last fiscal period that I chose or the current fiscal period. I've looked for user settings, settings in the page filter and done some online searching but I haven't found anything.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dennis

ianbarrow
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis
I get the same as you

Yes, I have some filters that are dynamically derived from BW that work perfectly (like current day).
However, we have some variables that have no default value (eg plant) in BW but SAC mysteriously saves a value for this filter. In edit mode you can choose to NOT save variable values.

So irritating to have to remove the previous value before entering the value you want.

I tried moving it from a default filter in BW (known as Dynamic filter in SAC) to a fixed filter, but this did not remove the unwanted default value that SAC stores.

View Entire Topic
pramodu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAC Experts-

I had this question also to SAP Support incident an year before when we were doing our project. No conclusion for that incident. eventually user is entering manually everytime when user launch story which is not great user experience.

It will great if there is any option to default current date in SAC !!

Thanks,

Pramod