cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC - Use a value from another table/datasource in calculations (Excel Cell reference in formulas)

axel_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I've got the requirement to calculate a "revenue per" figure where the base for the calculation comes from a totally different datasource. In excel you simply reference the cell with the base value.
But how to achieve this in SAC? Any ideas? 

Calculation with Referenzvalue.JPG

Thanks and best regards
Axel

View Entire Topic
MKreitlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello @axel_ 

I think the easiest way in SAC, if you have an import or even a planning model... is to directly write the required key figure into the same model ... either via file-upload or via data action.

Then you can create calculated key figures and use those.

I would not have any better idea to do it in a SAC story.

BR, Martin

axel_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunatley the revenue figures are integrated via BW-Live model.
I am kind of hesitant to get the data via import ...

Thanks and best regards
Axel

MKreitlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, in this case I would probably try to integrate the Visitor data into the BW model.

You can use constant selection to have the key figure in one separate row and then calculate a formula.

BR, Martin

axel_
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Martin, thanks for pointing me to BW constant selection (never used that before) and I was lucky as the referece key figure was included in the multiprovider I was able to solve the problem with constant selection. Thanks and best regards Axel