cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Analytics Cloud - Table change cell decimal format?? Not calculation column.

vitran23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible to just change a "cell" in the table widget's decimal place? It seems like you can change the whole row's decimal place but I would rather have them not be the same in my variance column that come from a BW live query.

vitran23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Anyone have any insight into how to change a specific cell's decimal place or have it inherit the number formatting from the BW live query?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vitran23

I have answered a similar question below. It covers example for both model type. But as you want to it for a cell only it will depend on your structure of the table.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13825770/sac-analytic-designer-api-specifying-a-measure-for.html

Nikhil

vitran23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, so seems like the best solution is via scripting.

vitran23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The issue I'm running into is that I have a two structure query. I'm trying to query the time structure to define the decimals. I want a single "cell" to be 1 decimal place and not the whole row / column.

JBARLOW
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Not sure if this will help as it depends on the structure of your table,
but you can apply numeric formatting to a specific measure in a table.

Using the BestRunJuice sample data I have a table containing
Product
Gross Margin
Discount

The code below formats only the Gross Margin to 1 decimal place.

Table_1.getNumberFormat().setDecimalPlaces(1,["[Account_BestRunJ_sold].[parentId].&[Gross_Margin]"]);
vitran23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

How would I do a specific cell in a two structure query? As your example say Gross Margin is the measure and Variance % is my time structure column. I only want to format that specific cell intersection.

I'm not wanting to have a whole row or column be the same decimal point.